As an employee at UiB you automatically get a personal page at www.uib.no
- The URL of the page will look like this in the Norwegian version: www.uib.no/personer/Yourfirstname.Yoursurname and like this in the English version: www.uib.no/en/persons/Yourfirstname.Yoursurname
- You will to a great extent have control over the content of your personal page.
- The page will most likely be one of the top ranked search results on Google if someone searches on your name. Therefore, it is important that this page presents you as you wish.
- Better personal pages help make UiB’s core business more visible.
Log in (for editing personal page)
- There is three ways to log in to edit your personal page:
1) Find your personal page on uib.no/en/persons/Yourfirstname.Yoursurname, and use the “Log in”-button in the top right corner
2) Search for your own name on uib.no or on Google
3) Go to https://w3.uib.no/en/user and log in with your uib-username and password
- When logged in, you can switch between Norwegian and English by clicking “Norsk”/”Norwegian” and “Engelsk”/”English” (NOTE! Both versions of the page has to be edited).
- Information about how each field works is provided below each field.
NOTE! You have to be on the UiB-network in order to access the editing tool. If you are located outside UiB you can use VPN.
Minimum requirements for a good personal page
- Check that your contact information is correct. Most of this information is obtained directly from the Service portal and has to be changed from there. If you find incorrect information that you are not able to change yourself, contact the administration of the unit you belong to.
- Check that your affiliation is correct, both on department and on eventual research groups.
- Brief information about work tasks/research fields.
- You have the option to edit the name that appears on your page.
- The fields “First name (all languages)” and “Last name (all languages)” is what will appear on your personal page as your name.
- If the fields are left empty, the name found in the personnel system will be displayed.
- The name in the personnel system can be shown under “Static information” in the fields “Synchronised first name (all languages)” and “Synchronised last name (all languages)”.
- You can upload your own profile picture.
- If you haven’t added a photo, a standard illustration will appear.
- We recommend everyone to upload a picture of themselves on the personal page. The image should be in portrait (height) format, with a light background and should only contain yourself. Make sure it is large enough and with a good resolution.
- This is a text field.
- In this field you can for example add additional information about your position.
‘Professor, Leader of the research group in digital culture’
‘Senior executive officer , Frontend developer’
- It is not possible to overwrite or remove the job title itself.
- The field can also be used to inform that you are on leave etc.
‘Junior Executive Officer, Maternity leave until March 2021’
Add a phone number of your own choice.
This will be displayed underneath the other phone numbers that are automatically collected from the personnel system.
Issues regarding automatically collected phone numbers (Static information) must be reported to IT support through hjelp.uib.no
Fields of competence
- Fields of competence should be used as a tool for finding employees who work in the same line of work or subject area, and should not be used to show affiliation to groups, projects, etc. If you want to display this, you can use the “Home page” field located in the “Home page and CV” tab of the edit page, or in one of the tabs.
- You may want to agree with the research groups, the institute and the faculty about which fields of competence to use, and use them consciously.
- The terms in the fields of competence is searchable in the list of employees.
- Also check with your local website contact if they have any routines on what should be included.
- Here you can search other pages/areas/articles on uib.no and add them as related content.
- To find content, enter the name of the page/area/article and select them from the list that appears.
- Related content will appear in the bottom of the page with picture, title and the lead paragraph.
Tabs (Research/Work, Communication, Teaching, Publications, Current projects, Optional tab)
The following fields will appear as tabs on the person page (only if they have content):
- Research/work (Text field + any eventual chosen Cristin publications)
- Communication (Text field)
- Teaching (Text field)
- Publications (Text field + Cristin-data automatically retrieved from Cristin)
- Current projects (Text field)
- Optional tab (Text field, optional tab title)
How to control the display of Cristin-data:
Here you can have a text field and/or a selection of scientific work (selection is done in Cristin and is automatically retrieved and displayed)
1. Logg in to Cristin: app.cristin.no
2. Choose “Researchers” > “My research profile”.
3. Choose “Edit profile” (located over your name as a link).
4. Choose “Submit scientific work” next to “Scientific works associated with person”.
5. Follow the instructions in Cristin, and submit the scientific works you wish to display.
6. When you have uploaded your works they will immediately show on your personal page. The works are listed by year, with the most recent at the top of the list independent on how they are listed in Cristin.
The “Publications” tab always shows a link to your registered works in Cristin. In addition, you can choose to display your latest publications directly on the page. You can change the sorting and number of publications (up to 200 works).
These are the editing choices you can do on your personal page:
1. Choose to display what you may have entered yourself in the text field before or after the information obtained from Cristin.
2. Choose number of publications to show (NOTE! Write “0” (zero) to not show any data from Cristin. Max 200 publications.)
3. Choose to display the list of works by
a) Category / Year
b) Chronologically only, without categories
4. Choose which categories (from all subcategories registered in Cristin) to be displayed on your personal page.
- Social media must be written like this: medianame:username
- If Twitter is added, both a twitter icon and a twitter stream will appear on the personal page.
- NOTE! If you use AdBlock in your browser, some social media icons might not appear.
- List of supported social media »– academia (Only UiB-profiles)
- Here you can change/override the visitor address that is retrieved from the institution address.
- Room number.
- Mazemap-link. If a link is entered here, the visit address becomes a link to display the location in Mazemap.
Home page and CV
- Optional text (title) of the displayed link.
- Your CV is uploaded as a file. The following formats are supported: txt | pdf | doc | docx | odt | fodt (pdf, odt or fodt is recommended). The text of the link will be displayed as “Show CV” on your personal page.
RSS and documents
- RSS (Really Simple Syndication): A news feed that updates itself as new news/posts/issues emerge. The last five are displayed. Optional heading over the list.
- Documents: Possibility to upload your own documents. The following formats are supported: txt | pdf | doc | docx | odt | fodt (pdf, odt or fodt is recommended).
Affiliation with research groups is retrieved from SEBRA. Instruction (currently only in Norwegian).