Employees and students can register themselves, as users on Colourbox.
Employees are to notify the Communications Department via UiBhjelp. Username and password will be sent to employee via e-mail.
Students are to notify the Communications Department via UiBhjelp, and will be given the applicable activation-code.
After receiving the code, go to colourbox.com/education and add the activation-code in the field “Type your key here,” and register yourself as a user. Remember to accept the license-terms by Colourbox.
Students can only use the pictures for non-commercial purposes in the context of academics. The picures cannot be used for print-material or web-pages/web-sites/web-publications.
Important to know:
- Do not download more pictures than you actually need.
The subscription UiB has with Colourbox, is for a limited amount of downloads per month. Use “preview versions” of the images, while looking for the “right image,” thus allowing as many as possible to make use of the University’s subscription.
- The pictures can only be used for UiB’s purposes.
- Pictures that have been downloaded cannot be used if you no longer are registered as a user or if the subscription has ended.
- The general accreditation-terms must be followed and adhered.
- Every user is solely responsible for the appropriate use of image-terms, agreements and licenses.
The pictures must be marked with: “Colourbox.com/[name of photographer]”, when used for editorial purposes, regardless of whether online or in print. This, in particular, is to protect models from personally being connected with various subject-matters.
For more information, see terms of accreditation.
There are regular reviews of the user-list, in order to remove duplicates and user with little-to-no activity. A user-account may be reactivated without re-registration, if a user is deleted in error.
Please contact the Communications Department via UiBhjelp, if your user-account has been deleted.